knittingknots (knittingknots) wrote,

  • Mood:


Maybe more here than you want to know about my day, so I'll be nice and put it behind a cut....

So I get up this morning an it's like 12 degrees.  I had to get up at 5:30, just so I could drink 16-24 oz of water.  Well, I managed pretty close to that much.  Now mind you, I never go to bed before midnight, so 5:30 is really early for me.  But we get up, hubby manages to get breakfast and coffee for himself, and we head down to the hospital for my CT scan.

It's 12 degrees outside, and all I'm wearing for a coat is the liner to my columbia quad coat (polar fleece, usually warm enough when you don't need to be waterproof in snow or duck weather), and once again, I slipped on my shoes with no socks.  Call me crazy. After finding a reasonably close parking space (important with the cold!) we dash into the building, get checked in pretty quickly, since I preregistered last night, and lo and behold, when I get to the imaging place, there's yet another bottle of water for me to drink.

I got to wait maybe 3 or 4 minutes before the tech came and got me, and walked me back to the CT machine, sticks me so he can pump in the colorant after the first set of scans, and proceeds to take them.  No sweat.  I didn't even have to put on a hospital gown.  Since they were looking at my biliary tree and pancreas, he covered me with a blanket and asked me to unzip and push down my jeans.  Easy.

Then they hit me with the colorant.  That is always fun.  If you've never had a CT scan, you don't know what you're missing.  All of a sudden, you feel hot, first for me in the crotch and in the top of my head.  They roll me back in, take the first pic, and I am really feeling strange by the time they ask me to take the second pic.  For a sec there I felt so flushed I wasn't sure I was going to be able to hold my breath properly, but just when it feels too weird, and I'm wondering if I'm having a reaction to the iodine, the heat goes away, and the parts of me that felt soo hot at first go cool.

We got to the imaging area about 8, and about 8:10 it was done.  Easy.

Then off to have breakfast and coffee!

After that, we dashed home and I put on warmer clothes and then we went to fish and game cause hubby's trying to get into a spring Turkey hunting season draw hunt, which means he has to put his name in and wait to see if they pull his number  But for this, we brought our cameras, because Fish and Game is right next to the MK Nature Center, one of my favorite places to take pics.  I took 64 of them.  Got some nice pics of wood ducks and mallards and woodland scenes with stream and ponds and some snow and ice.  That was fun.

Now, short sleeped and tired, I may take a nap.  Or drink more coffee. 

Interesting day though.  Not sure if I'll get anything written.

Tags: rl

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded