1) I read my first not-kiddie paperback SF book at the age of 8
2. I read Simone De Beavoir's the Second Sex when I was 12. My mom had hidden in in the closet. I also read Valley of the Dolls that year, also in the same place. Being a latch-key kid has its advantages.
3. When I was 13, I had a horrendous crush on Donovan.
4. My first being really crazy over it fandom was Dark Shadows, but then I was 13-14 when that happened.
5. At 16, I learned how to cast horoscopes.
6. For a while, when I was 20, I made a living reading tarot cards.
7. When I was 20, I worked a couple of months as a gogo dancer.
8. I had my first poem published at 17.
9. At 19, I taught myself something of boolean algebra just for fun.
10. At 20, I hitchhiked across Florida for about 3 weeks. Later that year, I would hitchhike from New Orleans to Jacksonville and from Jacksonville to Boston and back.
11. When I was a kid (tween through twenties) I would yoyo between wicca, hinduism and Buddhism. When I was in my late twenties and beyond, it was a yoyo between Catholic mysticism and Zen. That's pretty much where it still is. But I have seriously studied most major religious systems.
12. There was a period in time that people assumed I was gay, in part because of who my best friends were.
13. I read The Sound and the Fury for fun, not for class.
14. I once taught myself double-entry bookkeeping so I could help a friend set up his Peachtree accounting software and get his accounts entered properly.
15. I taught myself to knit when I was 9.
16. I have six bookcases. I need at least 2 more.